Is your site popular? Five parameters for a quality interface
1. Compliance with the uniform style of the site on all its pages. This simple measure will not only give recognition to the style of your site, it will instill a sense of your professionalism to the visitor. Nice to be on thoughtful and “beautiful” sites, agree? This pleasant feeling directly affects the perception of the quality of all the material on their pages. Scrupulous moments such as the literacy of texts, the quality of audio and video, the convenience of downloading them, etc. can also be attributed to this point. The worst thing for you is if a user sees typos on your site. I, carried away by the thought, quickly type text with constant typos. Or, as I like to joke, “BIGGEST”. I’ll skip the letter, I will confuse them in places, then I won’t put a comma, etc., etc. I have to run the text through Microsoft Word, otherwise I may miss a typo and not notice … In addition, I try to show respect for readers, contact by name in the personal letters of their newsletter, emphasize their importance, always referring to “You” with a capital letter.
2. Convenience of navigation on the site This is also a very important point, since annoyed visitors who cannot find the article that was viewed a few actions ago may draw the wrong conclusion about the quality of not only this article, but the entire site as a whole. Advice, as always, is simple – everything should be intuitive.
3. The color scheme of the site. Perhaps you think that there is an excess. However, I hasten to convince you. “There is no companion for the taste and color,” is an unshakable truth, however, I came across sites that are set up with excessive contrast that strains the eye. This is annoying, agree. Black background and white font do not contribute to long reading from the screen, for example. Usually advised to choose muted relaxing eye tones. It’s bad when the background is too bright or a complex and saturated picture on it.
4. Sizes and styles of fonts With the size, too, everything is clear, nevertheless, it is necessary to observe the middle ground. Too small a text is again annoying because it makes you stare at the text, and too large requires a constant scroll down, which starts to strain after 3-4 times … An unusual and unbroken font style can add charm to your text. Personally, I am not overjoyed at how beautiful the Comic Sans MS font looks on the screen. This is my opinion, therefore all letters from me and all pages of my site are made in this font style. Again, this seemingly trifle gives quality!
5. The location of content on the site This item I touched in part on the issues highlighted above. Universal advice – do not let your site visitor make more than one decision on one page, and do not overwork him at all. Understand that most people are naturally lazy, and having made one decision, they can bypass the other along the path of least resistance. For example, I would not place on one page an affiliate link or advertising banners and a request for recommendation of my article, even for a gift. I will explain why. The content on a particular page has a certain benefit for the user, for which he is grateful to you. The fact is that he quickly forgets about her! Having provided a lot of useful information on the page, to suggest that you click on the affiliate link at the end of it, and even recommend your article to friends – it may be too much for some. I note that “a lot of useful information” does not mean that you need to pour water on ten pages, on each of which giving the essence no more than a paragraph. No, I’m rather talking about scrolling down the page.
After 4 times it starts to tire, agree? Therefore, if you have a large topic and if it is not possible to divide it into separate articles, then it is better to divide the topic into several pages. I give additional motivation to my reader so that he wants to listen to me further. For example, “On the next page, the most interesting …” or “A gift awaits you …”. This is a solution to the problem of long articles. A block that saves space can also help, an easy script that makes sense to implement on the site. All these points are very important, because from the little things a general impression is formed.
There is such a great phrase: “You have only one chance to make a first impression.” That is why work with your content so that the user has a desire to recommend your resource to friends from any page of your site. It turns out that the recipe is simple here – do everything at the level most accessible to you. I’ll also note that doing everything at the most affordable level is far from a new concept. At the University, we were taught in the basic course on marketing the theory of quality as a marketing move. Its founder is deservedly considered Edwards Deming. I can safely advise everyone of his work.